There can be a need for aiming a perfect overclock experience. Or maybe you want to step aside from those annoying noises when working on the PC. No matter what your story is, finding the best AM4 CPU cooler seems to be the smartest solution here. You’ll be surprised by the noticeable change in terms of temperature, noise, and performance after using a quality pick.
And so, we are here to talk about 11 choices that are rocking 2020 with a very practical price comfort as well.
Best AM4 CPU Coolers
Let’s not waste any time and have a quick check on these 11 recommendations’ complete reviews that we managed just for you…
1. Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 CPU Cooler– Never Let Your PC Heat with This One
When looking for keeping your PC heat-free, our favourite one is none other than the Noctua NH-D15. It is an all-rounder for AM4 socket and the customer satisfied winner pick that we would love to recommend more than anything.
This cooler also features dual 140mm fans that are AAO standards and features sophisticated aerodynamic design. It on top allows your CPU to improve working when running two apps at one time.
And, this cooler comes with pro-grade TIM solution NT-H1 that makes sure less thermal resistance. It also makes sure your PC is working fine when using both professional server and workstation environments.
On the whole, it is considered the best CPU cooler for I9 9900K users who want quality and performance. This cooler is worth trying for you to get automatic speed control.
- It appears with a massive heatsink.
- The cooler helps to avoid irritating noises.
- It is easy to install.
- The brand appears with 6 years of quality assurance.
- It helps to improve PC working and functions.
- Some people find the cooler heavy in weight.
2. DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 CPU Air Cooler– Find Least Thermal Resistance with This One
This fan on top is compatible with Intel 130W LGA20XX, LGA1366, LGA115X, and LGA775 sockets. Not only has that, but it also good for 125W FM2+, FM2, and FM1 socketed.
It also comes with 4 sintered powder heat pipes that make sure users directly touch the CPU surface with no electric shock. This thing on top makes sure you avoid mishaps due to impact.
In general, this cooler is a perfect option for anyone who likes a good performing PWM fan with LED lighting. It is also worth trying for you to achieve high static pressure and large airflow.
- It comes with blue LED lighting that shines bright.
- The CPU fan comes with good value and performance.
- It is simple to set up.
- The CPU cooler controls idle and loads temps.
- It supports 1366, 1155, 1156, and 1150 sockets.
- The mounting clips feel fragile.
3. AMD Wraith Spire Socket AM4 CPU Cooler– Get 4-Pin Power Connector with This One
AMD AM4 socket cooler comes with 4-pin power connectors for great safety after installing. We find it ideal after looking into many sites yet this cooler remains unique for its AM4 socket compatibility.
This CPU cooler on top comes with good heat sink made of aluminum and copper core base that won’t result in rust even for years. It also makes sure no trouble of shock or impact too.
And, this cooler comes with pre-applied thermal paste that is fine for one application. It on top makes sure you are fitting it rightly with no trouble of loose fit or mishaps.
Usually, it is one of the best budget CPU cooler that anyone would love if prefer 4 pin power connectors. This cooler is also ideal to try out for getting good performance and control.
- The cooler appears to function perfectly.
- It comes with cool LED lighting that can be adjusted to any color.
- This cooler is super simple to clean.
- It helps PC to work even faster when multitasking.
- Great pick for the most CPU systems.
- It does make some whisper noises when processing.
4. Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler– Find Quiet PC Operation with This One
The brand on top comes with 6 years of quality assurance for their buyers to have a quality replacement. They also ensure their buyers are getting the best in both worlds to be happy.
It also comes with anti-vibration pads and fan-clips for users to install the cooler in no time. This cooler also makes sure you are installing the cooler either in standard orientation or turned by 90° angles.
By and large, this quiet and premium grade fan is a great pick for most systems. It is also good for you to try if you want superb static pressure.
- It comes with easy to read the instruction guide.
- The CPU coolers give great airflow to avoid heat.
- For the quality, it’s hard to beat.
- The CPU fan is quiet when loading huge files on the PC.
- It has a good fit and finishes at this price.
- The CPU cooler is hard to install.
5. Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 CPU Cooler– Get One of the Best CPU Cooler with Low Profile
On top of that, this cooler comes with a compact footprint for 100% RAM and PCIe compatibility on the motherboard. It also ensures your PC is getting near socket connectors access at ease.
This cooler as well as has a slim 23mm heatsink that makes sure your CPU is finding better clearance when accessing. It on top makes sure you are using HTPCs small form factor cases to avoid burn damages too.
Overall, the cooler is an ideal pick for anyone who wants quiet and automatic speed control options. It is also great to try out for fitting well with tall memory modules.
- It comes at an affordable price point.
- Perfect for a mini-ITX HTPC Ryzen 3 build.
- The CPU fan helps the PC to find more clearance.
- It comes with great quality that lasts long.
- The CPU cooler is extremely small and compact.
- Only give plenty of airflow under normal operation.
6. Cooler Master Hyper RR-T4-18PK-R1 CPU Cooler– Easy to Install with This One
The Hyper T4 cooler from the Cooler Master brand comes with a universal mounting style for easy installing. It is on our list for its simplicity and great handling that we have picked after a good hour of research.
This cooler also comes with 4 different contact heat pipes that make sure seamless contact between the cooler and CPU. It also makes sure heat doesn’t stay for a long-term time when you are operating a PC.
But wait, there’s more. It comes with 70 CFM airflow that makes sure no trouble of overheating or clog. This thing also makes sure maximum airflow so that you can enjoy a cooling performance.
Generally speaking, this cooler is a blessing if you want a versatile, wide, and affordable mainstream heatsink. It is also worth to try out if preferring silent operation under heavy loads.
- Excellent pick for the value.
- The kit came with thermal paste for installing easily.
- It helps the PC to make no fan sound when operating.
- This CPU cooler helps to avoid heat damages.
- Great option for replacing stock coolers.
- The instruction guide is written in unclear English.
7. AMD Wraith Stealth Socket AM4 CPU Cooler– Play Games for Hours in Good Performance with This One
On top, this cooler comes with an amazing ability that helps your PC or laptop to function for hours without making it heat. It also makes sure you are using the fan normally.
This cooler as well as has no trouble with fan noises or loud accessing sounds. On top of that, it makes sure you are processing a laptop or PC with no irritating noises especially when using for hours.
For the most part, this CPU cooler is a big deal if you want a reliable and supportive option for making your PC work fine under loads. It is also good to sustain cool temperatures over time.
- The fan is good for most systems.
- It creates no spinning noises when the PC is being worked.
- The CPU cooler is trouble-free to install.
- Great pick for normal users.
- The CPU cooler helps the PC to avoid overheating.
- It is not for the overclocking potential.
8. AMD Wraith Prism LED RGB Cooler– Enjoy RBG Lighting with This One
This cooler is a perfect pick for anyone who desires software controllable RGB lighting included options. After trying others, we like this cooler for its different light shadings that work on AM4 sockets.
And, this cooler comes with 4 direct contact heat pipes that are built of strong aluminum in the inside and copper core base on the outside. It also makes sure you are having no trouble with oxidizing or crack.
This cooler on top comes with good suitability that works fine on AM2, AM3, and AM3+ sockets. It also has a switchable overload fan profile.
In short, it is an excellent pick for anyone who wants easy to install and replace benefits. This cooler is also great for trying out to enjoy a smart working PC with no heat.
- The lighting setup is tunable.
- It takes 5 minutes to install.
- The CPU cooler is great for gamers.
- It has a clear instruction guide to read.
- The fan comes at a decent price.
- Many people find the RGB USB cord tangle snag.
9. ARCTIC Freezer 34 Tower CPU Cooler– Compact and Low Weight Option for Transport Safe
If searching for the best CPU liquid cooler that has a compact and travel-friendly design, then the ARCTIC Freezer 34 is our choice. We love it out of others for its low-weight which is great for AM4 sockets.
This cooler is also a liquid cooling type that makes sure better function and good look on the motherboard. Besides, it makes sure you are using it for normal use.
And, the cooler comes with an easy installation option so that users can easily and quickly set up. It also makes sure you are mounting easily with no need for professional help.
In the bottom line, this CPU cooler is a great option for anyone who wants larger heat sinks and good compatibility options. It’s also good for improving overclocking potential.
- The thermal paste is included for one application.
- It comes with accessible tools for installing.
- The CPU cooler is ideal for overclocking.
- It has good value and quality.
- The cooler has extra brackets to mount a second fan.
- Not a rough and tough option.
10. Scythe Ninja 5 Air CPU Cooler– Catch 800 RPM Speed with This One
Out of the best CPU air cooler 2019 addition, the Scythe Ninja 5 is a special option to find 80 RPM speed without compromising performance. We find it worth trying than others for a push-pull configuration that supports AM4 socket.
Unlike others, it has an air cooler type that makes sure better competence and control. This CPU cooler on top makes sure users are getting no trouble with performance to avoid heat.
It also comes with a cutout 55mm fin stack that gives better clearance of RAM to access well. This thing on top makes sure you are editing videos on PC with no trouble of low speed.
In the main, this cooler is a smart pick for anyone who likes maximum absorption of heat when running CPU. It is also great to try out for mainstream and 9900k high TDP processors.
- The CPU cooler is quiet, large, and cool.
- By following the manual, it’s easy to install.
- The fan splitter is a great option.
- It features a long and high-quality screwdriver.
- Good cooler for the value.
- Sadly, it needs two fan cable routes to insert.
11. Cryorig R1 Ultimate Dual Tower Heatsink Cooler– A Great Partner for Improving Overclocking
It on top comes with DirectCompress soldering for 10% more contact surface compared to traditional soldering. This thing also makes sure faster conduction of heat for using the PC safely.
Besides, this cooler comes with a jet fin acceleration system that squeezes airflow and increases exhaust airspeed. It also makes sure heated air to go away faster when flowing.
To sum it up, this cooler is a great pick if you prefer low noise and high precision CPU working. It is also worth giving a try for those who have AMD or Intel CPU.
- Good cooler with a sleek and compact size.
- The fan is great for cooling down the processor.
- It gives a higher level of efficiency.
- The CPU cooler is trouble-free to mount.
- Ideal option for Intel i7 7700k.
- Unfortunately, it is expensive.
Things to Consider For the Best AM4 CPU Coolers
When picking the ideal AM4 socket cooler, there are some things you want to look into. Read down below to catch up:
Types of CPU Coolers
To choose the right CPU coolers for your PC, it’s vital to learn about their types. Let’s look into the 2 main types of CPU coolers:
Air coolers are the most popular CPU fan for their efficiency and reasonable value. This type of fan helps to absorb the heat of the CPU parts for major users.
Liquid coolers are known for their great function, quietness, and cool looks. Even though this type of CPU fan is not for everyday use, still they rock for light users.
Check the Socket Suitability
You want to verify the socket compatibility of CPU coolers before picking one. Most AMD and Intel CPU coolers should work fine on the latest AM4 sockets. So, seek one that’s compatible with the old and recent sockets.
Consider the RPM
If you want to improve your PC’s processing ability, check the RPM before you go to the market. Higher RPM included CPU coolers spin with more airflow to reduce heat and noise snag.
How to Maintain and Care CPU Coolers?
Regardless of how durable your CPU coolers are, you still need to take care of your cooler. We have some simple yet effective tricks that help the CPU fan to last longer. Here are some tricks:
- Never turn your PC using the power switch. Instead of that, try switching off the PC manually.
- Ensure to clean your CPU cooler with cotton swabs, tweezers, and rubbing alcohol. Make sure to clean deeply to avoid dust and other particles that hinder airflow.
- Avoid making your CPU overheat as it can burn any vital part of your PC. Try to open the door or place in airy areas.
- Check the airflow of your CPU cooler to get rid of heat damage.
- Makes sure to look into your CPU cooler frequently for checking the airflow.
- Don’t leave USB or CD inside the CPU. So, carefully unplug everything.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: How much to spend for CPU cooler?
Many CPU coolers come at $25 as a starting price while the expensive quality one costs $50 or more. It on top has both lower and higher price rates depending on different quality and durability.
Ques: What is a CPU cooler?
A cooler is a vital part of the hardware that uses for reducing heat from the CPU system. It on top helps CPU to be in a balanced temperature to improve competence and stability to process well.
Ques: How to set up a CPU cooler?
To install, you want to follow the right steps. Remove the older CPU cooler and then put the new one on the processor. Then, carefully press down the retention clips one by one.
Make sure you have given some force when clipping onto the socket mounting lugs. Next, alter the cam lever to lock the CPU cooler. Then, you want to connect the fan power on the header of the motherboard. Ensure to check the installation manual to correct errors.
If you own RGB LED included cooler, then make sure to connect the bundled RGB cable to the CPU cooler and the header of the motherboard.
Finding gears that will enhance the CPU’s performance and also protect the components from various factors is not only an option sometimes. It becomes a huge necessity. And so, your journey for finding the best AM4 CPU cooler has to be comprehensive with the right information and enough ponderations as well.
So, take your time and don’t be careless about ensuring the major points of picking the right option. You want your money to be invested for the best experience no matter what computer component you are getting.
More To Read
- 10 Best CPU Temp Monitor: Free & Paid Versions for Your PC
- What Are The Best LGA 1151 CPUs in 2020?
- 7 Best LGA 1155 CPU: Top Gaming Picks for 2020
- Best 120mm AIO Liquid Cooler Reviews